Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Aristocrats

A couple of Highlights I'm looking forward while living in a country were you can only get BLOCKBUSTER DVDs

Jason Alexander .... Himself (the only unfortunate thing in regards to DVD extras is that we get insight into the real person and not just the character. Take Jason Alexander for example: He is not the neurotic part of George on the hit show Seinfeld. Rather he is a stage actor [very good at his craft mind you] just doing his impression of Larry David. It is always a disappointment when we "discover" actors are actually ACTORS!)

Hank Azaria .... Himself - Moe Szyslak/Chief Wiggum/Apu/Comic Book Guy/Cletus/Prof. Frink - Nice Resume

Steven Banks .... Billy The Mime (as Billy The Mime) - Award for MOST ANTICIPATED

Lewis Black .... Himself - Award for MOST SPASMS RELATED TO ANGST

Drew Carey .... Himself - I've been told I looked like him... that person was never heard from again

George Carlin .... Himself - Seems Perfect for this

Andy Dick .... Himself -

Carrie Fisher .... Herself - Hopefully not wearing the metal bikini

Whoopi Goldberg .... Herself - Hopefully this is a joke

Gilbert Gottfried .... Himself - AFLAC!

Eddie Izzard .... Himself - Ever seen "Dressed to Kill"? Some of the best stand up ever. I saw him on Parkinson but he was wearing men's clothes. Never thought I would ever be weirded out by a man wearing men's clothes...

Penn Jillette .... Himself - He's a comedian? I thought he was a piece of poo...

Richard Lewis .... Himself - of CURB fame

Bill Maher .... Himself - not very politically correct

Howie Mandel .... Himself - He's alive?

Jackie Martling .... Himself (as Jackie 'The Jokeman' Martling) - Yuck

Kevin Nealon .... Himself - well this is news to me

Trey Parker .... Cartman/Stan - brilliant

Emo Philips .... Himself - I don't know him from his standup but one of my friends Matt Tobiason from Tokyo would always do his bits - The one where people are comparing their religions and one difference cause one of them to throw the other off a bridge... ["you an orthodox, scientific creationist, from the church of methodological saints' southern chapter?" "No I'm from the northern chapter" so I proceeded to throw him off the bridge.] Emo's cadence and delivery always got me. So did his performance in UHF.

Kevin Pollak .... Himself - "give me the keys you fucking cocksucker"

Paul Reiser .... Himself - Strangely reminds me of a less funny Michael Keaton. Strangely because 1) They don't look too much alike, 2) Michael Keaton would not really be considered a comedian. If you don't know by now I'm not really a fan of Mad About You

Andy Richter .... Himself - I thought Late Night With Conan O'Brien wouldn't be the same without him. Unfortunately for him I was wrong.

Don Rickles .... Himself - heard of him before... the word curmudgeon comes to mind. not much else.

Chris Rock .... Himself - One of the most brilliant comedians of the last 20 years. SNL held him back.

Bob Saget .... Himself - Ever notice how Bob Saget has tried to distance himself from the loving father he played on my favorite sitcom growing up, "Full House", By displaying his acting chops in "Half Baked" and now this? I commend him. The world is too mushy.

Harry Shearer .... Himself - Montgomery Burns/Waylon Smithers/Ned Flanders/Kent Brockman/Rev. Lovejoy/Principal Skinner/Dr. Hibbert/Rainer Wolfcastle - nice resume #2

Sarah Silverman .... Herself - Y'all know how I feel about Sarah.

Jon Stewart .... Himself - A modern day... um... someone who tells it like it is....

Matt Stone .... Kyle/Kenny - brilliant

Teller .... Himself - He better speak in this... we already have a mime. We don't need a shitty mime

Scott 'Carrot Top' Thompson .... Himself (as Carrot Top) - No Comment

Fred Willard .... Himself - subtle humor seems to be his fort-ay. Loved him in all of Christopher Guest's movies, and "How High". Interested to see him pull off the joke.

Robin Williams .... Himself - probably my least favorite comedian of all time... maybe that's because I grew up in the "Mrs. Doubtfire" era.

No comments: