Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Someone you don't know nows owns a part of you, you're most likely unaware of...

A new patent covering "music generated by decoding and transcribing genetic information within a DNA sequence into a music signal having melody and harmony," has just been enacted.

I find it highly disconcerting that someone now owns a the translation of my genome into music when they haven't even identified it yet. What would you say if someone bought the rights to the wavelength that you project your voice and if you ever said anything again you would get charged for it.

Is that so crazy? It's like patenting everyone's own personal genetic codes. I don't care if I never here the song that comes from my on DNA. It's mine. No one besides me owns it.

I think my DNA is singing the blues...

No comments: