Thursday, May 17, 2007

Slideshare Has Made Me An Offer I Can't Refuse: Knowledge

There is a very cool website called slideshare. It's your basic online sharing community but the main wares are Power Point Presentations!! Awesome right?! I thought so too until I remembered I look at these all day at work. Upon closer inspection many of the presentations are quite good and Slideshare recently decided to have a contest to decide which were the best. I've included my favorites here.

This is a stylization of a slideshow originally created by Karl Fisch, examining globalization and America’s future in the 21st century. It is designed to stand alone, without having to be presented in person. Enjoy!




Blogger's Note #1: Did you know that that in the year 2036 extrapolation on most of these subjects will become so difficult that researchers will be resigned to quantify things as just "very, very, very large"

Blogger's Note #2: I find slides 60 - 62 very disconcerting... I mean, you know what happens once we reach that point? Imagine phalanxes of governators roaming the earth. This stuff is straight out of the Terminator Series... (just 1 and 2 though. 3 was crap...)

On to my other favorite:


A compilation of 25 basic styles of blogging including tips on how often to use each and potential to create buzz and blog traffic by using each.




Blogger's Note #3: I think they forgot the "Chicken Running Around With His Head Cut Off Blogger". For an example of this go here.

No comments: